Art Journal

London, 1849-63.

Reference: 04335
Price: £3 [convert currency]

Full Description

4to. 15 vols uniformly bound in 30 half-year volumes. Contemporary quarter morocco, gilt. The volumes are in good, clean condition.

A handsome, uniformly bound run of the Art Journal, the illustrated monthly which was the most influential British periodical of the Victorian era devoted to painting, sculpture and the decorative arts. The run covers the first fifteen years of the the periodical’s existence under that title (an earlier series of volumes had appeared between 1839 and 1848 under the title The Art Union).