A list (with words “of the Magistrates of the County of Middlesex 1813” added in ink in a contemporary hand).
(London), “printed by G.Sidney, Northumberland-street, Strand” (1813).
8vo. 19 + (1)pp. Early twentieth century cloth, with morocco spine. Small circular ownership stamp of Birmingham Assay Office Library (from which this copy has recently been de-accessioned) at foot of front free endpaper, also a pencil shelf-mark, but no other library markings.
An evidently very rare printed item, providing the names of all 225 serving Justices of the Peace for the county of Middlesex in 1813, with attached addresses for the great majority of them. We have failed to trace a copy of this publication in the British Library Catalogue, but since the only printed part of its title are the words “A List”, the difficulties of searching for it in any bibliographical source are severe. An early owner of the present copy has placed ink ticks against many of the names, and has also, for some unexplained reason, written “Rogers” in ink against seven of them. One unexpected name on the list, at least to the present cataloguer, is that of the future Sir John Soane, the architect, and his is one of the names ticked.