A state of the parish of St.James’s Clerkenwel, as it stood at and before the time of dividing it … printed to shew the mistakes of the account given by the Old Parish (etc).
(No imprint, but London, 1725 ?).
Oblong folio. One folded half sheet (printed on recto only).
A printed document recording the “number of houses and rents” to be assigned to the new parishes of St.James’s, Clerkenwell, and St.John’s, Clerkenwell, under different schemes for the division of the old parish of St.James. It is undated, but its purpose was to justify the division of the parish carried out by the Commissioners for Building Fifty New Churches in 1723, and it seems likely that it was printed at the time in the spring of 1725 when the division of the parish was being investigated by the House of Commons (see previous item). The British Library holds a copy of this item (SPR 357.b.7 (4)), but its ephemeral character suggests that even fewer copies of it survive than of the Commissioners’ printed minutes.