Wilson, Frederick Richard
An architectural account of the churches in the archdeaconry of Lindisfarne in the county of Northumberland.
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, M. & M.W. Lambert 1870.
8vo. vii + (1) + 200pp, (128) photolitho plates. Publisher’s cloth, spine repaired, rather worn and rubbed. Faint stain line along outer blank margins in middle of volume, but a large paper copy (and as such, unusual).
A large paper copy of this very competent volume by F.R.Wilson (1827-1894), an architect in Alnwick, Northumberland, who had previously worked for Cottingham, Barry and Salvin. It provides descriptions, perspective views and plans of all the churches, mediaeval and modern, in the Archdeaconry of Lindisfarne (covering the northern part of the county of Northumberland), for which he was the diocesan surveyor.