An architectural account of the churches in the archdeaconry of Lindisfarne in the county of Northumberland.
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, M. & M.W. Lambert 1870.
8vo. vii + (1) + 200pp, (128) photolitho plates. Publisher’s cloth, recased.
F.R. Wilson (1827-1894), an architect in Alnwick, Northumberland, had previously worked for Cottingham, Barry and Salvin, and this very competent volume provides descriptions, perspective views and plans of all the churches, mediaeval and modern, in the Archdeaconry of Lindisfarne (covering the northern part of the county of Northumberland), for which he was the diocesan surveyor.