Artsis and architecture of Bedford Park 1875-1900. An exhibition held at St.Michae;’s Vicarage during Bedford Park Festival Week 10-18 June 1967.
(No imprint, but London, 1967).
8vo. 62pp, photo text ills. Original pictorial wrappers (the back cover slightly marked).
A surprisingly substantial exhibition catalogue, supplying all that is necessary to know about the artists resident on the Bedford Park estate in the later nineteenth century – they included Jack Yeats, and, more surprisingly, Lucien Pissarro (Camille’s son) – and about Bedford’s Park’s distinctive architectural character, brought about by the fact that the principal architect employed by J.T.Carr, the estate’s developer, was Richard Norman Shaw, probably the most distinguished specialist in domestic architecture in the late 1870s and early 1880s.