Byzantine and romanesque architecture. Second edition.
Cambridge, University Press 1920.
Large 8vo. 2 vols. xxii + 274pp ; (4) + 285 + (1)pp ; with CLXV plates and 147 text ills in all. Publisher’s quarter imitation vellum, rubbed and slightly worn.
Sir Thomas Graham Jackson (1835-1924), the architect of Oxford University’s Examination Schools and of other significant administrative and collegiate buildings both at Oxford and Cambridge, turned his attention in later life to architectural history, and the present book, first published in 1912, is one of his better contributions to the subject. Jackson had visited Dalmatia as far back as 1882, and Constantinople and Salonica in 1910, and the first of these two volumes is largely based on his original drawings and notes.