Documents relating to the foundation and antiquities of the collegiate church of Middleham, in the county of York ; with an historical introduction, and incidental notices of the castle, town, and neighbourhood.
London, “printed for the Camden Society by John Bowyer Nichols and Son” 1847.
4to. xxix + (1) + 112pp, one woodcut plate. Nineteenth century cloth, red morocco spine (the spine chipped at top). Frank Broomhead’s copy, with his ink ownership inscription dated 1965 and bookplate. Previously in the library of the Institution of Civil Engineers, with their bookplate (now overlaid by Broomhead’s) and their faint library stamps on the verso of the title leaf and on p.110.
A carefully compiled history of Middleham Collegiate Church, founded by the future King Richard III in 1478, with transcriptions of relevant original documents.