8vo. (60 + 150pp. Publisher’s printed wrappers. No ownership inscription but John Bury’s copy.
A handy little monograph, written for a general readership but with serious intent, devoted to the French humanist, poet and author Jean Martin (died 1553), who made a notable contribution to the literature of architecture between 1545 and his death by producing translations into French of works by Vitruvius, Alberti, and Serlio, as well as of Colonna’s Hypnerotomachia Poliphili.