Memorials of the public buildings of Oxford. A new edition.
Oxford and London, John Henry Parker 1848.
8vo. xii + 32 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16pp, engraved frontispiece, (18) engraved plates, engraved folding map of Oxford, 8pp publisher’s adverts. Plates intermittently spotted, mainly at outer blank margins. Publisher’s cloth (with stamped views of Oxford on upper and lower covers), neatly rebacked. Ink presentation inscription from “H.B.” to S.M.Buchanan 12 January 1848. No subsequent ownership inscription but Sir Howard Colvin’s copy.
A new edition of the text and plates relating to the public buildings of the University of Oxford which had previously appeared in Ingram’s Memorials of Oxford, 1837. This seems to have been the only separate publication of this part of Ingram’s book and, strangely, no copy of it seems to be held in the British Library.