Rugby School memorial chapel. A description.
Rugby, George Over Limited 1923.
8vo. (2) + 42 + (2)pp, 15 photo plates. Publisher’s cloth-backed boards, with original printed paper labels to spine and front board. Untrimmed. Roderick Gradidge’s copy.
A description of the architecture and furnishings of this war memorial chapel, built in 1922 to designs by the distinguished church architect Sir Charles Nicholson, but rightly characterised by Pevsner and Wedgwood as “very anaemic after Butterfield”. Only one copy in NUC (Free Library of Philadelphia).