Views and details of Stanton Harcourt church, Oxfordshire.
Oxford, John Henry Parker for the Architectural Society 1841.
Folio. Litho title, 2 + (2)pp, litho frontis., 12 litho plates (of which 4 double-page). Recent cloth.
A scarce volume providing perspective views and measured drawings of this fine Oxfordshire parish church, especially notable for its Early English chancel and for the surviving portion of an early 14th century shrine. An incidental feature of the present publication is that it provides an illustration of what its author, the Oxford architect J.M. Derick, describes as “a piece of bastard Italian carpentry, called an Altar-Screen”, later to be swept away in a drastic restoration of the interior by G.E. Street.