W.M.Dudok (title taken from upper cover of binding).
Amsterdam, 1924, 1928, 1930, 1930 (Wendingen, 6th series, no.8, 9th series, no.1, 11th series, nos.8 and 11/12 (double number))
Large oblong 4to. 4 issues bound in 1. 24pp ; 24pp ; 24pp ; 36pp. Each issue contains many photo ills. Publisher’s cloth, slightly soiled. The issues are bound up without their original decorative printed wrappers and without the advertisements at the end of each issue, but this is as customary with this volume of Dudok issues from Wendingen in bound form. The present copy belonged to the English architect Henry Medd (1892-1977), who had worked und Lutyens and Herbert Baker at New Delhi, and who was subsequently Chief Architect to the Government of India. It carries Medd’s ink ownership inscription, an ink presentation inscription by him to Gavin Stamp 8 March 1977 (Medd died in October 1977), and Gavin Stamp’s bookplate.
A volume containing four issues of the periodical Wendingen specifically devoted to buildings designed by the Dutch architect Willem Marinus Dudok (1884-1974), bound up and marketed in this form by the publishers of Wendingen. The major building featured in them is Hilversum Town Hall, built to his designs in 1928-31 and regarded as his masterpiece by his contemporaries.